1. the striking of one thing against another; forceful contact; collision: The impact of the colliding cars broke the windshield.
2. an impinging: the impact of light on the eye.
3. influence; effect: the impact of Einstein on modern physics.
4. an impacting; forcible impinging: the tremendous impact of the shot.
verb (used with object)
6. to drive or press closely or firmly into something; pack in.
7. to fill up; congest; throng: A vast crowd impacted St. Peter’s Square.
8. to collide with; strike forcefully: a rocket designed to impact the planet Mars.
Any action taken, no matter how minuscule or mundane, or inaction taken has an effect on all of us. Whether it’s pepper-spraying a group of peaceful non-violent protestors or turning the corner vises to the opposite direction thus making them awkward to pick up, anything one does has an impact.
Later, I’ll discuss consequences.