They were obsolete.

I had to do something with my $20.00 work shirts.  They are high-quality oxford blouses that gave the illusion of one being in charge (at least the customers assumed I was in charge even though I was a part-time framer).

First I cut out the company’s logos and tag lines.

Then with leftover scraps of fabric and some fabric paint, I patched up the holes and changed the color of the shirts I did not care so much about.

I also ripped off the sleeves, for they didn’t fit well anyway.

Patched with leftover pieces of fabric

Patched with leftover pieces of fabric

this one has a lady on it.

To change the color on this one, I applied Seta-Soliel paint onto it and pinned on a paper stencil.

To change the color on this one, I applied Seta-Soliel paint onto it and pinned on a paper stencil.

this one has twoI painted this shirt with light-sensitive paint which darkens when exposed to direct sunlight.

I painted this shirt with light-sensitive paint which darkens when exposed to direct sunlight.

Advertisements

About meshimages

I'm an artist. I make assemblages of found images and objects and bits and pieces of my own doodlings.
This entry was posted in Art. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s